Cheesecake, fig, almond nougatine, honey ice cream
Need a dessert to impress your guests? Rich and decadent yet light and fluffy, this delicious cheesecake recipe is one from our Executive Chef in New York at Peak, Chris Cryer. Featuring fig jam, almond nougatine, finished with a side of honey ice cream. Follow the steps below to create this delightful dish at home!
Whipped cheesecake ingredients:
- 900g cream cheese
- 300g sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 680g whipped cream
- Whip the cream
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, salt, and orange zest until it’s smooth
- Fold the cream cheese mixture together with the whipped cream and transfer it to a piping bag. Leave aside ready to add to the winter flavours.
Fig jam ingredients:
- 100g fresh fig
- 30g honey
- 10g balsamic vinegar
- 1 orange zest
- Cook figs, honey, and orange zest in a pot. Stir until figs cook down.
- When the figs start to dry out, add balsamic and cook until it’s jammy.
Almond nougatine ingredients:
- 300g marcona almond
- 200g sugar
- 200g glucose syrup
- 150g butter
- Toast almonds until they are golden brown and rough-chop once they are cool. Leave to one side.
- Cook sugar and glucose syrup in a pot until it becomes a golden-brown caramel. When it becomes caramel, deglaze and mix in butter until it’s incorporated.
- Add chopped almonds and stir thoroughly into the mix. Pour out onto a parchment paper-lined sheet and try to cool it.
- Once the mixture cools, chop it into small pieces. Store in an airtight container.
Honey ice cream ingredients:
- 100g milk
- 100g cream
- 75g butter
- 250g honey
- 60g sugar
- 160g yolks
- Heat the milk, cream butter, and honey in a pot.
- Mix sugar and yolks in a bowl.
- When the milk mixture is hot, temper it into a sugar-yolk mixture, then add it back into the pot.
- Continue to stir on medium-heat until the base thickens. Remove it from the heat and place it in an ice bath to cool.
- When the mixture is cool, add the base to the ice cream machine to spin.
Once each component is made, plate the whipped cream cheese with the piping bag on a plate in a circular movement. Then add the fig jam and nougatine, and top with the honey ice cream. See the video below to see how our chef serves up!